Re: RFS: qastools

Sebastian H. wrote:
> > A few comments about your man pages:
> >
> >   - Your .TH line is "wrong" (you shouldn't use the command name and
> >     section number a second time after the date); have a look at
> >     /usr/share/man/man7/man-pages.7.gz for a better example.
> >
> >   - qasconfig and qashctl don't take any options; please adjust their
> >     SYNOPSIS accordingly.
> >
> >   - "SEE ALSO provides a comma-separated list of related man pages,
> >     ordered by section number and then alphabetically by name" (see
> >     man-pages(7)); please also indicate the section number in
> >     parentheses following the name.
> >
> >   - In qasconfig(1), you list qasconfig in the SEE ALSO section, intead
> >     of (presumably) qashctl(1).
> >
> >   - Please consider removing the AUTHOR section from all three man
> >     pages, as advised in man-pages(7). It wouldn't hurt having copyright
> >     information for the man page in a comment header though.
>
> Ok, I've done some changes on the manpages and uploaded a new package.
> Does this look better now?

Much better, thanks. Although I don't think you should have removed the
SYNOPSIS section entirely in qasconfig(1) and qashctl(1); just show the
command without "[OPTION]...".

Also, you can probably drop the README from the binary package, it
only contains information about building and installing the software
from source (see debian policy 12.3).

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht