Re: How to remove an entire directory (and included files) with a quilt patch?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Emilien Klein <emilien+debian@klein.st> wrote:
>> 2011/12/13 Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com>:
>>> perhaps something like (with dh short syntax):
>>>
>>> override_dh_auto_build:
>>>    rm -rf ./cruddy/folder
>>>    dh_auto_build $(FLAGS_IF_ANY)
>>
>> I've added the following:
>> override_dh_auto_build:
>>        rm -rf nautilus_image_manipulator/upload/poster
>>        dh_auto_build
>>

> The comments after me were right, this should be in clean, I just
> fired off an example :)
>

>> However it breaks the build process:
>>
>> error: package directory 'nautilus_image_manipulator/upload/poster'
>> does not exist
>> dh_auto_build: python2.6 setup.py build --force returned exit code 1
>> make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_build] Erreur 1
>> make[1]: quittant le répertoire «
>> /home/emilien/devel/nim-deb/nautilus-image-manipulator-0.5 »
>> make: *** [build] Erreur 2
>> dpkg-buildpackage: erreur: debian/rules build a produit une erreur de
>> sortie de type 2
>> debuild: fatal error at line 1348:
>> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed
>> emilien@debiansid:~/devel/nim-deb/nautilus-image-manipulator-0.5$
>>
>> It seems like the build process absolutely wants to access this directory...
>>
>> Then I remembered that the list of to-be-installed Python modules must
>> be defined in the setup.py file. And there it is:
>>
>> packages=["nautilus_image_manipulator",
>> "nautilus_image_manipulator.upload",
>> "nautilus_image_manipulator.upload.poster"],
>>
>> Removing the last string, and without any change to debian/rules, the
>> folder is now not included anymore in the package...
>>
>> Problem solved!
>> Thanks all,
>>    +Emilien
>

> Wooo!
>
> Might want that in clean, btw. The folks who posted after me were right :)

I take that back. Clean's wrong for reasons jwilk made clear. I didn't
bother to read, ergo, I look like an idiot on this list :)

No problem :)

Here's more info (from jwilk explaining to me why it's wrong) -
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/12/msg00256.html