Re: RFS: xxxterm

Luis Henriques <henrix@camandro.org> writes:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xxxterm".
>
>  * Package name    : xxxterm
>    Version         : 1:1.9.0-1
>    Upstream Author : Several (Marco Peereboom <marco@peereboom.us>)
>  * URL             : http://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/XXXTerm
>  * License         : ISC, MIT, BSD-4-clause, BSD-3-clause, BSD-2-clause, CC-BY
>    Section         : web
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> xxxterm    - Minimalist's web browser

Any chance of changing that name?

aterm - Afterstep XVT - a VT102 emulator for the X window system
bochs-term - Terminal (ncurses-based) plugin for Bochs
bogl-bterm - Ben's Own Graphics Library - graphical terminal
kxterm - CERNLIB data analysis suite - KUIP terminal emulator
eterm - Enlightened Terminal Emulator
fbterm - A fast framebuffer based terminal emulator for Linux
gnome-terminal - GNOME terminal emulator application
gtkterm - A simple GTK+ serial port terminal
mlterm - MultiLingual TERMinal
pterm - PuTTY terminal emulator
roxterm - Multi-tabbed GTK/VTE terminal emulator
stterm - bare bones and simple terminal for windowed system
wterm - lightweight terminal emulator for X
xterm - X terminal emulator

As you see there are a lot of *term* packages with a common thread: They
are all terminal emulators. From your name I was sure it was yet
another. That it is a web browser is rather surprising.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: there are people and institutions that filter on "xxx" in mails and
urls and block those. Linus ones didn't get a patch because it included
XXX.