Re: dbconfig-common; repacking source

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Christian Welzel wrote:

> currently i try to get my typo3 packages into shape, so the
> new version gets accepted by ftp-masters.

Please send a mail to this list when you have a package ready, I would
like to help you audit it for embedded code copies and sourceless
stuff.

> There is a problem with modules, that are embedded into the
> upstream tar-ball, but do not get distributed with the binary
> packages (they get replaced by symlinks to debian-packages).
> ftpmasters require that these licenses get included into the
> copyright file. I want to avoid this, because the modules
> dont find their way to the enduser. Is it ok, that i name
> the package +dfsg and remove those unneeded parts from the
> source tar-ball during a repacking step?

It is acceptable to repack tarballs for this readon.

Unless you are removing non-free stuff from the upstream tarball,
+dfsg is an misleading thing to add to the version. Instead use +ds
(Debian source) or +repack or something else.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise