Re: RFS: oggfix

On 27.06.2011 11:31, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Ok, I wouldn't bother much about the above, but one thing does stop me from
uploading: why are you setting the version number in such a way that Debian is
upstream? This doesn't seem to be accurate. IMHO you should be using 0.9.1-1
as
version number!?
Never found out what the version number ought to be.
0.9.1-1 sounds exactly right. Thanks for that, too!

This is explained in full detail in the Debian Policy [1].

Hope this helps,
Michael

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version

Did try to change the version number to 0.9.1-1 - which sounded great for a non-native debian package. But this meant running into all kinds of warnings. (debuild claims my native package has a version number that contains a dash!)

As far as I understand the Debian Policy states that if a package is deemed to be "native" depends on the version number. But it seems like there has to be another criterion, too.

Do you know what this criterion would be?

I did try to read the Policy and experimented for a long time before another urgent project started keeping me constantly busy for months - so this time I have to say sorry for the delay.

In the meantime parts of the Debian Policy has changed and I have altered the package again as to no more get lintian or other warnings except that I have the wrong version number. As soon as the version number is fixed I can upload the package again with the new standards version and all.

Thanks a lot,
and kind regards,

   Gunter.