Re: RFS: Planner (orphan package)

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 10:16:44AM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@member.fsf.org> writes:
>
> >> Why are you using python-gobject-dev from stable?, are you trying to
> >> make a backport for stable?.
> >>
> >> As always the distribution for new (and new versions of) packages
> >> should be unstable (or even experimental), but of course I am willing
> >> to help if you are trying to make a backport.
> >
> > Wait a minute, that's not the point.
> > Yes, I tried to build outside of pbuilder first, and since all build
> > dependencies was satisifed yet build failed, you certainly have a problem with
> > build-depends, perhaps with min. version of some package or even missing
> > dependency.
> >
> > Please take it seriously because this is an evidence of a potential problem.
>
> I agree. A build-dependency that's too weak is just as serious an issue
> as a missing build-dependency. Neither is particularly hard to fix, so
> might aswell do it for safety reasons. ;)

I made a squeeze base image using pbuilder (in fact using cowbuilder):

# cowbuilder \
--create \
--basepath /var/cache/pbuilder/squeeze-amd64/base.cow \
--distribution squeeze

and built the package using:

$ sudo cowbuilder --build planner_0.14.5-1.dsc \
--basepath /var/cache/pbuilder/squeeze-amd64/base.cow \
--distribution squeeze \
--logfile ./planner_build_for_squeeze-$(date +%F_%H-%M-%S).build

and I can not reproduce the bug.

You can verify in the build log[0] that the version of
python-gobject-dev is 2.21.4+is.2.21.3-1 (the right one from
stable[1]).

Dmitry could you provide more information in order to try to reproduce
the bug?, maybe a build log or the exact version of the build dependencies
installed.

Gergely and Dmitry thanks for your interest and help in this package.

[0] http://go.debian.net/ALmd
[1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-gobject-dev

--
Josué M. Abarca S.