Re: RFS: nuitka

Hello Mahyuddin,

thanks a lot for the review.

Your package has successfully build in chroot

:-)

My quick review:
  - Please add debian/watch for uscan

Done. It appears to work.

  - Please add homepage field in debian/control since upstream have homepage

Added.

I got lintian message:
  * Source:
  P: nuitka source: out-of-date-copyright-format-uri
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=135

I was unaware about the "--pedantic" option of lintian, which this must be from. I updated the copyright file to be clean here. Once the format spec was corrected, a bunch of issues were reported, even without the pedantic flag.

The new URL is not so easy to find it seems. In the end I checked out lintian sources. The page for the dep5 mentions URLs that lintian warns about (unknown) and the new maintainer guide, for "gentoo" shows the URL I used.

  * Binary:
P: nuitka: no-upstream-changelog

Currently upstream has no changelog. Is that entirely unacceptable?

P: nuitka: no-homepage-field

Added.

I: nuitka: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/nuitka.1.gz:102
I: nuitka: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/nuitka.1.gz:106
I: nuitka: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/nuitka.1.gz:110
I: nuitka: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/nuitka.1.gz:114
I: nuitka: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/nuitka.1.gz:121
I: nuitka: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/nuitka.1.gz:128
I: nuitka: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/nuitka.1.gz:135

I don't get these. How do you?

But they are valid complaints, it's the examples section that I manually add to what help2man created. I am using the "-" a lot there for Nuitka options and that should be "\-" I take.

The new upload is at: http://www.nuitka.net/volatile/debian/

Separate because: The mentors site apparently ignores uploads that just bump the very last number. My new "nuitka_0.3.16pre2-2_amd64.changes" seems to not trigger anything for it. I have had that previously with "pre1" too, which kind of seems like a bug of expo? Or is there something I don't know. Deleting the previous package didn't help last time.

Yours,
Kay