Re: RFS: git2cl

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review.

Please find updated package on the following URL:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/git2cl/git2cl_2.0+git200808271242-1.dsc

git repository is updated as well.

> > I'm looking for sponsor for my package git2cl
> Since I use this for some upstream projects, I took a look.

Much appreciated.

> I would upload it, but your debian/copyright is missing 2 copyright
> holders from the code copied from cvs2cl.

Well spotted, I addressed this.

> The license grant in the git2cl script contains an incorrect address
> for the FSF, please send upstream a patch for that.

OK, patch is in place, I will forward it upstream a bit later.

> Please forward the manual page upstream.

Will do.

> I would suggest to use Section: vcs instead of utils.

Changed as adviced.

> The package description needs a review for grammar and spelling,
> please contact the debian-l10n-english list.

Well, this is a very polite way to point out how badly I screwed up with
description. When I'm tired my English sometimes shuts down... :(

I believe description is better now:

 git2cl is used to automatically generate GNU ChangeLogs
 from git logs.
 .
 GNU ChangeLog format specification is available from:
 http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Change-Logs.html

I'm not sure if review on debian-l10n-english would be necessary.
If you think it is, please let me know a little bit more about how to post
review requests there? I'm not familiar with this practice, sorry.

> There is one warning from perlcritic, not sure if it is appropriate to
> fix it though:
>
> "return" statement with explicit "undef" at line 71, column 5.  See
> page 199 of PBP.  (Severity: 5)

Well, this is really pedantic. :)
I will let upstream know when I'll be sending my patches.

> Once the package reaches the archive, please add debtags for it and
> also a screenshot of typical usage.
>
> http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html?pkg=git2cl
> http://screenshots.debian.net/upload

Sure, no worries.