Re: Help needed with Conflicts/Replaces/Provides after renaming packages and reordering files

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 04:57:13PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> arch:all package for data, I would move as much
> architecture-independent files as possible there.  Or can the drug
> database also be used by different programs?

Exactly the later was the motivation.  The drug database will be used by
another package (freemedforms - preparations in SVN) as well.  I asked
Upstream (same as for freediams) to make sure that also other arch:all
files would be shared between both and will try to keep file duplication
as low as possible.  However, the drug database itself could potentially
be used by any programm.

BTW, the dark side (and possibly reason for the split) is that the drug
database is non-free (non-commercial use).  We are working out a
reasonable way how freediams (the code, images etc.) could be moved to
main for good by providing a minimum free database and just have the
drugs database in non-free.  So all in all the current split *and*
rename makes sense if you consider that the name space freemed-data
could be used for arch:all data package in main if needed.

Thanks for the remark anyway

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de