Re: ITS: scrotwm (already in Debian)

On 2011-11-11 11:22, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:13:04PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:

Hi

>[...]
>>
>> If you are going to send a patch upstream anyway, you might as well make
>> it possible to insert user *FLAGS after the "upstream flags". ;)
>
> I ended up doing just that: I’ve introduced a MAINT_* version of all the
> variables, and changed the build rules so that the MAINT_* version is used
> just before the user–settable version.
>
> I’ve also noticed that the makefile snippet exporting the hardening build
> flags takes care of enabling optimization and handling
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt itself, which is nice.

Indeed, unfortunately it comes at the price of a version Build-Depends
on dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~).  You may be able to ditch it by using
"-include" in d/rules, but then you have to handle noopt manually in
case dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~) is not available

> I will talk to upstream about enabling optimization by default.

:)

> The updated package is up on mentors.debian.net, let me know what you
> think of it.
>
> Cheers.
>

> PS:  No need to CC me, I’m subscribed to the list.

Besides the issue mentioned above, it looks okay.  I can add the B-D on
dpkg-dev if you want (It will save you an upload to mentors).

~Niels