Re: Question about menu files

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:09:55AM +0200, Rodolfo kix Garcia wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this in the menu file:
>
> package(wmaker):needs="wmaker" \
>         section="/" title="Exit" sort="ZZ" \
>         command="EXIT"
>
> And I got this lintian error:
>
> W: wmaker: menu-command-not-in-package usr/share/menu/wmaker:6 EXIT
> W: wmaker: menu-item-needs-tag-has-unknown-value wmaker
> usr/share/menu/wmaker:6
> N:
> N:    The menu item has a line that has a needs= field with a
> strange value.
> N:    This may be intentional, but it's probably a typo that will
> make menu
> N:    ignore the line.
> N:
> N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: certain
> N:
> N:    Check: menu-format, Type: binary
>
> Yes, is not a command. What should I do? I cannot find more info
> about how to add the EXIT, SHUTDOWN,... commands.

lintian complains about the needs= field. Read menufile(5) to find out
what are the acceptable values: "wmaker" is not one of them.

I see no mention of the sort= field in that man page, and "/" doesn’t
seem to to be an acceptable value for the section= field, at least
according to the Debian Menu sub–policy (“Packages must be placed in
leaf sections”).

As for the command to quit wmaker… I really have no idea.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org>