Re: RFS: kboot-utils -- needed for d-i to complete on PS3

Antonio Ospite <ospite@studenti.unina.it> writes:

> I packaged kboot-utils (Helper tools to generate a kboot.conf file) for
> debian, and I'd like to ask if someone can *review* the package and
> maybe eventually sponsor me for upload to the main archive.

While I can't sponsor you, I did have a quick glance over the packaging,
and would have a few comments:

* lintian reports

Lintian in Sid does report a few issues with the packaging, such as:

P: kboot-utils source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
P: kboot-utils: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

I would also extend the copyright file so that the GPL-3+ license block
contains more than just a pointer to the GPL-3. (See the "How to apply
these terms to your new programs" section of the GPL).

* README

You install the README file, but is that really neccessary? It doesn't
add anything over the package's long description, as far as I see.

* debian/rules

While the rules file is exactly the same as the sample, I'd still
suggest removing the comments about the file being a sample. After all,
it is used in a package that's targeted for Debian - it's real, live,
production ready and so on and so forth - not a sample anymore, even if
it's pretty much three lines total.

Other than these little cosmetic issues, I didn't find anything else
that'd be suspicious as far as packaging is concerned.