Re: flashcache - call for resolution / seeking for a mentor

On 2011-09-21, onlyjob <onlyjob@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>     *  Is it true that whoever happen to create an ITP first gets the
> monopoly for packaging?
>     *  If ITP always have priority, aren't we sending a wrong message
> for ambitious maintainers who might be tempted to create ITP early in
> order
>        to secure the rights for packaging, disregarding of how close
> they are to providing a usable package?

There are ways to take over a ITP, also without consent from the owner
of the ITP. But it requires unresponsiveness from the owner and
early communication from the one who wants to take it over.

In this case, Arno always replied within 1 or 2 days. And you didn't try
to communicate before you were actually done.

/Sune