Re: RFS: gentoo (New upstream version: package already in Debian).

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 04:35:38PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 04:17:12PM +0200, Innocent De Marchi wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gentoo".
> >
> >  * Package name    : gentoo
> >    Version         : 0.19.11-1
> >    Upstream Author : Emil Brink <emil@obsession.se>
> >  * URL             : http://www.obsession.se/gentoo/
> >  * License         : GPL-2+
> >    Section         : x11
> >
> > It builds those binary packages:
> >
> > gentoo     - Fully GUI-configurable, two-pane X file manager
>
> I would strongly suggest choosing a different name, due to the
> identically named Linux distribution.

Hahaha... That is somewhat the same feeling when I saw the gentoo
package was used as an packaging example for the New maintainer Guide
while updating it.  I thought Josip Rodin, being one of the old time of
Debian, made a pan on the package name using other distribution name
which was getting some momentum then just to be funny.  I was wrong.

I do not think we need to change this package name.

But considering popularity/contribution of Gentoo Distribution sometimes
creating good patched quickly, package discretion or README.Debian of
this package may be updated to include some clarifiction.

Regards,

Osamu