Re: RFS: mail-notification (updated package; NMU for RC bugs among others)

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 08:12:43AM +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 02:43:37 +0200, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:
> > Am 07.09.2011 00:57, schrieb Stephen Kitt:
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for the package "mail-notification". This
> > > update would fix a couple of RC bugs (the usual Evolution updates,
> > > which also require a switch to GTK+ 3);
[...]
> > Also, the package seem to still use a lot of deprecated GNOME 2 libs
> > Are they still required? If so, you should consider porting them to the
> > newer interfaces, like GVFS.
>
> OK - do you have any pointers to migration documentation? The main intent of
> the NMU was to fix the FTBFS, not really overhaul the whole package, but it
> would indeed be better to avoid leaving predictable future FTBFSes...

It seems strange to me to have changes of this scale in a NMU.  Wouldn't you
rather either hijack the package or talk to Liu Qi about adding yourself as
a co-maintainer?  Especially since it's your 5th NMU of this package in a
row, you're kind of its official non-maintainer :p

--
1KB		// Yo momma uses IPv4!