Re: RFS: assimp (2nd try)

On 08/19/2011 10:23 PM, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * IOhannes zmölnig <zmoelnig@iem.at>, 2011-08-19, 20:03:
>> here is my second attempt to find a sponsor (or more reviewers) for my
>> package "assimp".

thanks for looking at the package again!

> Was debian/TODO supposed to be included in the source package? :)

i like to keep that in git, to keep it attached to the packaging
process, but of course it is not "strictly necessary" to be in the
source package :-)

>> libassimp2.symbols:
>> has now demangled symbols for the C++, and normal symbols for C
>
> The package FTBFS on amd64 due to symbol differences. Tail of the build
> log attached.

thanks a lot for that!
argh to those templates!! i fear that this will give me long thoughts...

>> python:
>> strict dependency between python-pyassimp and libassimp2
>> fixed dylib loading mechanism as proposed by jakub
>> removed extranous printout to stdout
>
> Some nitpicking regarding pyassimp/helper.py:
> - You import ctypes.util but it's not used anywhere.

true, a leftover.

> - In search_library you seem to define strerrno variable, but it isn't
> used anywhere.

that's where you see that i looked at other code  how it was done.

some more nitpicking on my own code:
my patch adds "commented out code" (basically replacing my original
"find_library('assimp')" call by a hardcoded "libassimp.so.2".
how bad is this considered, style-wise?

mfgasdr
IOhannes