Re: RFS: icecat

Andrew O. Shadoura wrote:
> i) What's the point of it, how is it different from Iceweasel?

The goal of the IceCat project is to provide a completely free version
of the popular Mozilla source code.  It is (so far the only) part of
Gnuzilla, the umbrella project analogous to Mozilla. The base Mozilla
code is free but it supports and suggests using non-free plugins and
other modules. GNU IceCat is completely free, and suggests only free
plugins to users.

> ii) Why doesn't your package use pre-existing XULRunner in Debian?

I've compiled Icecat with its own xulrunner version, but I can try to
compile it for sid version.

--
Javier Sancho Fernández - http://www.jsancho.org/
Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation - http://www.fsf.org/