Re: Sponsor for accessibility packages

Hi Jean-Philippe,

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 02:22:48AM +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Actually I uploaded on http://demo.accelibreinfo.eu a edbrowse.tar.bz2
> which contains the whole package: .dsc, .orig, .debian.tar.gz, etc.
> You'll have the same things (a .dsc, a .orig.tar.gz, a .debian.tar.gz)
> in speechd-up2.tar.gz and speakup-tools.tar.gz for these packages.
> Sorry, I didn't put .dsc directly because I have bad conditions now to
> connect to the Internet. Besides it would create some mess on the
> repository I think.

Thanks for working on the package. I've just had a look at your edbrowse
package. This looks very intrusive for an NMU. IMHO too much intrusive. Is
there any public discussion with the current maintainer? What does he think
about this?

For future posts to this list I'd recommend putting the source upload
directly available either on mentors.debian.net or on your own web server.
The wrapped up tar.bz2 including source and binary is not very handy to
review.

Anyway, if an NMU would be required, please post the statement of the
current maintainer to go ahead and keep changes minimal. Or become new
uploader of the package and comment more verbose all the different changes
you introduce.

N.b. if you're NMUing you should not use the regular -1 version suffix.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Kilian