Re: RFS: aescrypt

mezgani ali wrote:
> Benoît, i receive a message from upstream telling that he can not actually
> modify the source code,
> he said that if i want to do that for a version i have to branch from the
> current code, with his complete approval.

It sounds like there was a bit of miscommunication; he probably thouht
you were asking for access to their source repository and wanted to do
some modifications upstream yourself.

If they do not mind having this conversation on a public mailing list,
maybe you could CC mentors from now on (but no not post any previous
private email without permission). Or if you prefer I can try and talk
to them directly (I just don't want to sound completely redundant, so if
you choose this option, please let me know privately who you've
contacted and roughly what you've explained so far).

> I'm little confused about this, may i branch software ? and host it
> somewhere ?

I don't think you want to do that.

Cheers,

--