Re: RFS: autotrace (updated package)

Hi Edgar,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 05:23:04AM -0500, Edgar Antonio Palma de la Cruz wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.31.1-16
> of my package "autotrace".
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/autotrace/autotrace_0.31.1-16.dsc

Thanks for your work.

Cleaning up is a good thing yet the oldpatches.patch looks like it catches
more than it should:

AUTHORS           |    2
Makefile.am       |    4
Makefile.in       |  914 -
README            |    2
aclocal.m4        | 8966 +++++++++++++------
autotrace.1       |    4
autotrace.h       |    4
autotrace.pc.in   |    4
config.h.in       |    3
configure         |25257 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
configure.in      |   91
curve.c           |    4
fit.c             |    3
ltmain.sh         | 3665 +++++--
main.c            |   10
output-pdf.c      |   16
output-pstoedit.c |    2
output-pstoedit.h |    2

Especially the configure, aclocal.m4 and ltmain.sh look like a too large
change. Can you see if really *ALL* of this is required and cut that patch
down to a more readable size? If you want to you can also plit it apart into
logical units with individual explanations why they are (still) needed.

There may also be parts of this which still need to be pushed back upstream.
Reviewing it in this shape is quite teadious however. And documenting even
more so if they satisfy different motivations.

In some respect it may even be more helpful to add dh-autoreconf (even though
I quite dislike its use in general). Even more so when I see the old d/rules
had pretty much a full autoreconf run as part of the default packaging which
makes me guess this was causing the updates we now see in the diff making
them totally irrelevant to the "bugfix" the original author had in mind.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Kilian