Re: RFS: Jampal (2nd try)

To Kilian Krause

As per the email trail below, Luca recommended that the package should be in
section main rather than contrib.
I have uploaded it again.

The package can be found on mentors.debian.net: -
dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/j/jampal/jampal_02.01.05-1.dsc

The only change is one line in debian/control
Section: contrib/sound
Changed to
Section: sound

Please upload it again.

Thanks
Peter

Il 23/07/2011 18:10, Peter Bennett ha scritto:

> > I am new to packaging for Debian. In an earlier version of packaging
> > jampal I had some other dependencies which I have removed. Right now the
> > only reason I can see for it being in contrib instead on main is that
> > there is a suggested package of mbrola which is non-free. I think that
> > is probably not a good reason for keeping it in contrib. I could also
> > remove that suggestion if it helps.
For non-free packages in Suggests, main is fine. Contrib is in case your
package build-depends, depends, or recommends a non-free one.

> > Should I change it to main? How do I go about that? Do I have to change
> > it and submit it to the Debian mentors again?
Yes, mentors or another location your sponsor can fetch and sponsor it
again. In the meantime, if you don't mind, I'm going to reject the
package currently sitting in NEW to let you use the same version number.

-- .''`. : :' : Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> `. `' `-

Hi Luca