Re: RFS: secpanel (updated package)

Hi Daniel,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 03:10:05PM -0500, Daniel Echeverry wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1:0.6.1-1
> of my package "secpanel".
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/secpanel/secpanel_0.6.1-1.dsc

Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer for this package. And sorry for
taking so long for getting you a feedback.

1. You move all *.patch to *.diff - why? Was there any reason the *.patch
   was conflicting with something?

2. You have touched all the (now named) *.diff files yet not bothered to add
   any notion whether they have been sent upstream or if not why so.

3. You reverse the order of the patches which seems somewhat unintended.
   Obviously it works still though.

4. You run override_dh_fixperms in your own writing withouth actually
   calling dh_fixperms itself. With this you make lintian freak out
   and if this is _really_ required please add a lintian overrides.

5. More as a cosmetic note: There is no Vcs lines in debian/control. Is
   there no VCS?

6. debian/README.source is obsolete with newer versions of dpkg. No need to
   repack the source even if the directory structure is totally wild.

7. You no longer ship /usr/share/secpanel/gui.tcl set executable. Probably
   missing in your fixperms. You may want to check the full debdiff of the
   old and the new changes file.

I've fixed 4. and built, signed, uploaded your new package. Please have a
look at the rest and send me the updated package if any of this needs
further fixing.

--
Best regrds,
Kilian