Re: RFS: libspctag

On 2011-07-14 02:57, Jérôme SONRIER wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libspctag".
>
> * Package name    : libspctag
>   Version         : 0.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Jérôme SONRIER <jsid@emor3j.fr.eu.org>
> * URL             : https://sourceforge.net/projects/libspctag/
> * License         : GPL3+
>   Section         : libs
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libspctag-dev - ID666 tags extraction support library (development
> headers)
> libspctag0 - ID666 tags extraction support library

> The upload would fix these bugs: 633471

(I am not an debian developer, so I cannot upload your package) -

That said - You are upstream too for this package? It would be very nice
to provide a upstream changelog - lintian (from unstable) if run as

lintian -iIE --pedantic ./libspctag_0.1-1_amd64.changes

complains about this too. Full lintian output:

P: libspctag0: no-upstream-changelog
N:
N:    The package does not install an upstream changelog file. If upstream
N:    provides a changelog, it should be accessible as
N:    /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/changelog.gz.
N:
N:    It's currently unclear how best to handle multiple binary packages
from
N:    the same source. Some maintainers put a copy of the upstream changelog
N:    in each package, but it can be quite long. Some include it in one
N:    package and add symlinks to the other packages, but this requires
there
N:    be dependencies between the packages. Some only include it in a
N:    "central" binary package and omit it from more ancillary packages.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 12.7 (Changelog files) for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: wild-guess
N:
N:    Check: changelog-file, Type: binary
N:
P: libspctag-dev: no-upstream-changelog

best regards
/Andreas