RFS: gforth (updated package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.7.0+ds1-6
of my package "gforth".  It contains two years' worth of
packaging fixes along with an attempt at multiarch conversion
and an acknowledged NMU.  I am asking on the list since
Patrick Matthäi, who kindly uploaded a couple of previous iterations
of my adopted gforth packaging, seems to have been busy when I contacted
him a couple of times during the past year and a half with RFS's.

There are three binary packages:
gforth     - GNU Forth Language Environment
gforth-common - GNU Forth architecture-independent dictionaries
gforth-lib - GNU Forth Language Environment architecture-dependent files

The gforth-lib package is new, introduced for the purpose of a proper
multiarch conversion - it contains only the minimum of arch-specific
compiled C code and Forth images that go into /usr/lib/gforth and cannot
be shared by GForth instances installed side by side.  I realize that
this means that this upload shall have to go through NEW, but oh well,
that's life :)

The upload would fix two bugs, 587318 and 615142, both related to
the Emacs Lisp files installed by GForth.  It has been tested with
Lintian and pbuilder.

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gforth/gforth_0.7.0+ds1-6.dsc

I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.  If, in addition,
the sponsor would be so kind as to set the DMUA flag, I'd be very grateful -
although, of course, this might not be proper for a first-time sponsoring
of this particular package.

JFYI, here's the latest changelog entry:

gforth (0.7.0+ds1-6) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fix the watch file syntax so the +ds1 part is properly stripped off.
  * Convert to the 3.0 (quilt) format.
  * Make gforth.el register the .fs, .4th, and .fth filename suffixes.
    Closes: #587318
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.2:
    - gforth-common now Breaks older gforth versions, no longer Conflicts
      with them
  * Use dpkg-buildflags from dpkg-dev 1.15.7 to obtain the default values
    for CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, and LDFLAGS.
  * Update the copyright file to the latest version of the DEP 5 format and
    bump the year on my copyright notice.
  * Shorten the Vcs-Browser URL.
  * Use the debhelper plugin provided by autotools-dev >= 20100122.1 to
    refresh the config.sub and config.guess files.
  * Also byte-compile the emacs mode for emacs-snapshot.  Closes: #615142
  * Acknowledge the NMU; thanks, Luk!
  * libffcall1 seems to build fine on armel now, so use it everywhere.
  * Bump the debhelper compatibility level to 8:
    - reorder the dh helper arguments to place the sequence name first
  * Switch to bzip2 compression for the Debian tarball.
  * Convert to multiarch:
    - move /usr/lib/*/gforth/ to a new gforth-lib package and mark it as
      Multi-Arch: same
    - mark gforth and gforth-common as Multi-Arch: foreign
    - add the 10-engine-subst patch to fix the libdir handling in engine/
  * Override some more Lintian warnings:
    - more "unusual interpreter" for GForth and its kernel
    - no debhelper 9 dependency yet, the compatibility level is for
      multiarch only
  * Move the Debian packaging to Gitorious and update the Vcs-Git and
    Vcs-Browser URLs.

 -- Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>  Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:50:11 +0300

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org peter@packetscale.com
If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.