Re: RFS: taxbird (updated package)

Hi Olaf,

> Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Could you please briefly explain why you are NMUing this package? Are you
> > intending to take over package maintainership? What about the previous
> > maintainer?
>
> No, I don't want to take over the package. The maintainer is still
> maintaining libgeier and taxbird.
>
> But although he provided packages on his homepage and promised to upload
> them to the repositories, this didn't happen.
>
> So, in order to fix bugs 577760 and 619734 for taxbird, I uploaded
> libgeier and taxbird to debian-mentors.

Thanks a lot for the clarification (and, Marc, thank you as well). I do
understand the need for an urgent update of the package - yet an NMU requires
following NMU procedures as outlined in Debian policy, see
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu

What is required in addition to the work that was already done is

- express the intend to NMU in the bug report (probably #619734)
- attach the NMU diff to the bug report

Olaf, if you could take care of those steps, I'd be fine with sponsoring an
upload to DELAYED.

Best,
Michael