Re: RFS: cmsmadesimple

Hello Michael,

On 07/10/11 05:03, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for taking so long for anyone to respond. Indeed this is a very nice
> example of making proper use of existing Debian packages, despite upstream
> shipping all the duplicate code. The only remaining point is
> modules/Printing/tcpdf/fonts/: it wouldn't occur to me as a surprise to find
> this freefont code to be part of some of the *-freefont packages!?

indeed I didn't think about the fonts, I will look into it for the next version
though.

> One suggestion for the package install procedure, though: why do you first
> install all the files and afterwards remove them again via an override in
> debian/rules? Wouldn't it be much cleaner to only install the desired files?

I preferred this method for a couple of reasons, firstly because I think the
code for installing all of the folders separately would be much bigger and also
because this makes the packaging a bit less error prone. If I do all of the
install in the .install file, I would have to have a lot of lines (because I
have to omit the translation files and the shared libs) and if upstream adds any
files or folders, these might not get included without changing the install file.

> Anyhow, built, signed, and uploaded. But as a new upstream version is already
> available, there is a chance for you to update the packaging as well :-)

Thank you very much! I will update the package ASAP.

> Thanks a lot for your work,
> Michael

- --

Best regards,