Re: RFS: torrentflux-b4rt

Hi,

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "torrentflux-b4rt".
>
> * Package name    : torrentflux-b4rt
>   Version         : 1.0-beta2-1
>   Upstream Author : Many, listed in copyright file
> * URL             : http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/
> * License         : GPL-2.0+
>   Section         : web
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> torrentflux-b4rt - web based transfer control client.
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: I use it myself, it
> offers some very useful functions on top of torrentflux-b4rt, and I
> commit to support it with updates, as time permits.
>
> The package has one lintian error: postinst-uses-db-input
> I will fix this in a next version, and in fact would like some advice on
> that. Also there is no request-for-packaging bug filed, as far as I know.

[...]

Here's a preliminary review of your package:

- The source package contains several versions of other clients as archives in
  the clients/ directory. For one, this seems strange, as both other clients
  appear to be packaged in Debian. Second, these clients have different
  licenses, which aren't reflected at all in debian/copyright.
- There need not be an RFP filed, but an ITP is desirable. The intend-to-package
  will ensure that a wider audience notices the interest in packaging this
  software and people interested in that may step up.
- debian/rules: your override of dh_installdebconf has a weird comment: "# Don't
  touch the postrm script" - why exactly should that not happen? override of
  dh_fixperms: you should move the chown to the postinst, i.e., after unpacking
  on the target system, not in the package build.
- Could you please me more specific on the kind of advice you need for the
  postinst-uses-db-input warning? The point here is that db_input calls should
  happen in torrentflux-b4rt.config, not postinst!?

Hope this helps,
Michael