dfsg tarball and non-dfsg version number

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 02:57:20PM -0700, Hamish wrote:
> +dfsg into version name:
> as our build will be bit-for-bit identical to one built from a non-
> stripped version of the source (the only difference between the
> source tarballs being unused mac/windows dirs), I don't see a
> point in adding the +dfsg to the binary package version, it
> clutters for no reason. (if pbuilder method has issues, then fix
> pbuilder...)

Does anybody have a clue if it will build by autobuilder fine?

When debian changelog lists version 2.4.708 and corresponding
tarball is opencpn_2.4.708+dfsg.orig.tar.gz since some
non-dfsg binaries has been stripped off.

E.g. pbuilder fails to find the tarball unless version in
changelog is changed to 2.4.708+dfsg.

Thanks.

--
Anton Martchukov