Re: RFS: xnoise

Hello Joachim

Sorry for this. I will try to fix all this stuff as soon as possible.

I ran
lintian --pedantic xnoise_0.1.25-1_source.changes
and it didn't give me errors or warnings for the final version, which I
then uploaded. I must have done something very wrong, but I don't know
yet what it was.

I will create the missing bug report.

On xnoise:
It doesn't use a itunes like concept like most other players do these
days. The gui is more similar to amarok 3 but with a cleaner interface
and it was created with gtk+.
The advantage of xnoise to other similar programs is that it is really
fast and it can handle large collections of thousands of audio/video
files. It is not written in an interpreted language, which makes memory
overhead low. The latest developments also improved this (a raw
asumption is that it now need ~half the time of rhythmbox to start up
and uses little more than half the memory of it).
Media is presented by using it's metadata tags. Tags can also be
adjusted.
Xnoise is extendable through plugins and a lot of new features are on
the way.
Development is taking place for some years now and xnoise has gained
quite  some fans and it was included in some distros. I saw it was
packaged for fedora, I have done packaging for xnoise in ubuntu for more
than a year now (Lucid, Maverick, Natty), gentoo overlays are available
for it...

Hope that all this makes it special enough

Regards