Re: RFS: hwinfo (updated package)

Hi William,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 10:50:02PM -0500, William Vera wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 01:34 -0500, William Vera wrote:
> > -(snip)-
> >> I need make a package for x86emu.h or I can make some patch for this?
> >>
> >> I would appreciate your comments and advices.
> >
> > from a first look at [1] this seems to be a kFreeBSD issue so it may be
> > safe to patch the x86emu.h out for Linux.
> >
> > [1]:
> > http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=x86emu.h&mode=exactfilename&suite=unstable&arch=any
>
> I'm a little confused, can you give more details?
> Thanks in advance

all I was referring to was the fact that this file according to packages.d.o
seems to only exist in kFreeBSD based kernels in Debian.

If that is correct and you don't intend to build on kFreeBSD but on linux,
that file may eventually not be required. Thus my comment that this may be
some code that's only required to build ok on BSD kernels and thus might be
ok to patch out on Linux if that isn't a coincidence in header filenames.

You may want to discuss the exact details of the x86emu.h source upstream
had in mind with upstream though. They surely know best how to get the
proper build env set up to build their code. I've just given you the heads
up that this file seems to not exist in a generic package in Debian yet so
that may be another candicate for a Build-Depends package that should be put
together first (or included or whatever).

Hope this now made it a bit clearer.

--
Best regards,
Kilian