Re: RFS: vim-subtitles, vim-srt, vim-sub, vim-mpsub

Hi Sven,

Sven Wick wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my metapackage "vim-subtitles"
> and its dependencies "vim-srt", "vim-sub" and "vim-mpsub".
>
> [...]
>
>   Package name    : vim-srt
>   Version         : 1.0-2
>   Upstream Author : Josip Deanovic <djosip@croadria.com>
>   URL             : http://www.linuxpages.org/srt.vim_en.php
>   License         : GPL-2.0
>   Section         : editors

I only had a look at vim-srt so far. There seems to be a small issue
with the copyright information; you chose to release the packaging under
the GPL-3+, which is incompatible with the GPL-2. Why don't you use the
GPL-2+ instead?

Also, to comply with DEP-5, please use a versioned Format URL (it might
also be a good idea to add an Upstream-Contact header).

You should also bump the standards version to 3.9.2 (after making the
appropriate changes, if any) and use debhelper compatibility level 8 (in
debian/compat and debian/control).

Finally, did you have a look at how other vim add-ons are packaged?
vim-latexsuite comes to mind, you mind be interested in their
debian/rules file.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht