Re: RFS: qasmixer

Benoît Knecht wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Sebastian H. wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "qasmixer".
> >
> > * Package name    : qasmixer
> >   Version         : 0.12.0-3
> >   Upstream Author : Sebastian Holtermann <sebholt@xwmw.org>
> > * URL             : http://xwmw.org/qasmixer/
> > * License         : GPL V3
> >   Section         : multimedia
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > qasmixer   - A mixer for the Linux sound system ALSA powered by a QT GUI
>
> I had a look at your package, and here's a few things you could improve:
>
> [...]

Just a few additional comments, now that I've finished building your
package:

  - lintian -I --pedantic qasmixer_0.12.0-3_amd64.changes reports:

      W: qasmixer source: empty-debian-diff
      I: qasmixer source: missing-debian-source-format
      W: qasmixer source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)
      I: qasmixer source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
      I: qasmixer: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/qasmixer informations information
      E: qasmixer: helper-templates-in-copyright
      E: qasmixer: copyright-contains-dh_make-todo-boilerplate
      W: qasmixer: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
      W: qasmixer: extended-description-line-too-long
      I: qasmixer: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
      W: qasmixer: unknown-section multimedia
      W: qasmixer: extra-license-file usr/share/qasmixer/COPYING

  - There's also a warning from dpkg-shlibdeps at the end of the build
    process:

      dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtXml.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qasmixer/usr/bin/qasmixer" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

    You should check whether you can fix it.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht