Re: RFS: ps2eps (updated package)

Le mercredi 29 juin 2011 18:14:14, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 05:51:28PM +0200, Matteo Cypriani wrote:
> > Yes, I though this was not an issue because the binary are small.
> > I will try to negotiate with upstream a binary-free tarball, and if
> > possible with the source DocBook file to generate the manpages, instead
> > of including the useless PDF and HTML versions.
> > If it is not possible for upstream, I'll repack
>
> it's not about "small" or "useful". It's about license and copyright.

The license should be satisfied, since the source is shipped, no? It seems to
me that it is a problem only if the binaries come from a modified, unshipped
source (which I admit is not easily provable).

> Always. And sometimes about security and trustability.

The binaries are not in the final package, so why would it be a security issue
for the end-user?

  Matteo

--
Ma clef GPG est disponible sur keyserver.veridis.com
My GPG key is available on keyserver.veridis.com