Re: RFS: s3ql (new python application)

* Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org>, 2011-06-27, 18:46:
5. Your package doesn't build in pbuilder:

dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory doc
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
s3ql-1.0.1/distribute-0.6.14.tar.gz: binary file contents changed

That's weird, it works just fine here, and it also does not download
anything but uses the existing python-setuptools. Can you tell me what commands you used to get this?

dpkg-source -x s3ql_1.0.1-1.dsc;cd s3ql-1.0.1;pdebuild

which spawns a fresh "unstable" pbuilder chroot and installs your listed build-deps.

Hmm. On my system:

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/s3ql/s3ql_1.0.1-1.dsc
dpkg-source -x s3ql_1.0.1-1.dsc;cd s3ql-1.0.1;pdebuild

runs perfectly. I do not have any extra stuff installed in my chroot except for vim.

My wild[0] guess is that bad thing happen _outside_ chroot: pdebuild runs the clean target without build-dependencies installed.

[0] I didn't look at the package lately and I've never user pdebuild.

--
Jakub Wilk