Re: RFS: debconf-kde (ping)

Hi,

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "debconf-kde".
>
> * Package name    : debconf-kde
>   Version         : 0.1+git20101228-1
>   Upstream Author : Daniel Nicoletti <dantti85-pk@yahoo.com.br>
> * URL             :
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/libdebconf-kde/
> * License         : LGPL-2+
>   Section         : kde
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> debconf-kde-dbg - Debconf KDE debugging symbols
> debconf-kde-helper - Debconf KDE GUI frontend tool
> libdebconf-kde-dev - Development headers for the Debconf KDE library
> libdebconf-kde0 - Debconf KDE GUI library

[...]

It seems that no one has found the time to sponsor this package so far, hence I
just did that and uploaded it. It looks mostly ok, apart from a few smaller
issues, which should be addressed in future versions:

- There is no Homepage field and also no watch file.
- There is a symbols file, but that has a two problems: it's called
  libdebconf-kde.symbols, and not libdebconf-kde0.symbols; second, you should
  preferably use the c++ pattern of dpkg-gensymbols, which was introduced in
  dpkg-dev 1.5.18.
- Lintian will also tell you the following:
I: debconf-kde-dbg: capitalization-error-in-description debian Debian
  (and similarly for all other packages)

Best regards,
Michael