Re: RFS: gadmin-proftpd (adopted, updated package)

Hi Mahyuddin,

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 04:46:35AM +0700, Mahyuddin Susanto wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1:0.4.2-1
> of my package "gadmin-proftpd". This package currently orphaned and
> i looking to adopt it.

Great! Happy to hear that.

> It builds these binary packages:
> gadmin-proftpd - GTK+ configuration tool for proftpd
> gadmin-proftpd-dbg - GTK+ configuration tool for proftpd debug package
>
> The package appears to be lintian clean both package and source (with --pedantic)

Very nice!

> The upload would fix these bugs: 605304, 617994

What about #612037?

And I see during compilation that /var/log/secure and /var/log/xferlog are
used. IIRC the default for proftpd is /var/log/proftpd/{secure,xferlog}. Do you
reckon running gadmin-proftpd works ok?

From your changelog:
* debian/patches/03-desktop.patch: Removing encoding field.
 => why is that needed? Having UTF-8 explicitly spelled out doesn't feel bad
    to me.

* debian/patches/04-spell_in_binary.patch: Fix typos in binary.
 => there is no notion this one was pushed upstream. I would suggest to do
    that if not already done.

Further I see:
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfontconfig.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgio-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcairo.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpango-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgmodule-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgthread-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfreetype.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

which I guess should be solved if possible with subsequent uploads.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gadmin-proftpd/gadmin-proftpd_0.4.2-1.dsc

built, signed, uploaded.

Thanks for your work.