Re: RFS: dhcpd-pools

Hi Asbjørn,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 05:57:15PM +0000, Asbjørn Sloth Tønnesen wrote:
> I have uploaded an updated package to mentors.debian.net.
>
> Changes made based on feedback, from IRC earlier today:
>       Remove unnecessary comments from watch file
>       copyright: add direct link to current dep5 revision
>       copyright: add Upstream-Contact field
>       Rephasing changelog message

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian
> unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dhcpd-pools/dhcpd-pools_2.15-1.dsc
> - git: http://git.asbjorn.biz/?p=debian/dhcpd-pools.git

Thanks for your work.

Here some further comments to what you may also have received on IRC:

- debian/compat is still at 7 - any reason to not make it 8? (stable and bpo
  for oldstable have debhelper 8)

- using dh-autoreconf feels like to wrong solution to a problem to me. Is
  that really required to autoreconf? What for?

- debian/changelog with
  Format: http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?revision=174&view=markup
  is most probably too specific about which dep5 format you intended to
  fulfill. Not exactly wrong just feels a bit "funny". ;-)

- The tarball doesn't match upsteam's - yet there's no notion of why this
  difference exists:
  -rw-rw-r-- 1 kk kk  51500 25. Jun 12:56 dhcpd-pools_2.15.orig.tar.gz
  -rw-rw-r-- 1 kk kk 388230 25. Jun 13:04 tarballs/dhcpd-pools_2.15.orig.tar.gz
  Either you seriously do a repack and alter the version number to ~dfsg (if
  it's a DFSG-driven repack) or a ~debian if it's rather a cosmetic repack.

  From a first glance it seems that you're working around exactly that
  autoreconf issue (reintroducing what you stripped out) and eventually some
  Git that you could educate upstream to leave out of the RELEASE tarball.
  Please get this sorted out in a clean way so that upstream's tarball is
  used unchanged if you intend to maintain your current version number as
  is.

- dpkg-gencontrol: warning: package dhcpd-pools: unused substitution variable ${perl:Depends}
  should also be fixed - i.e. make sure it finds all *.pl files and does
  look at them.

- I: dhcpd-pools: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/dhcpd-pools.1.gz:13
  may also be worth fixing while we're at it

- licensecheck still reports:
  ./src/getopt.c: GPL (with incorrect FSF address)
  ./src/getopt.h: GPL (with incorrect FSF address)
  ./src/getopt1.c: GPL (with incorrect FSF address)
  which you may want to tell upstream about.
  And just for the record ltmain.sh is GPLv2 (and isn't mentioned as
  exception to the all-is-GPL3 in debian/copyright)

- Spelling in debian/control should be fixed for at least:
  accomodiate => accommodate

- In debian/control you first talk about "ISC dhcp" and later about "ISC dhcpd"
  meaning the same thing though - the DHCP server. Please use one wording
  only.

- CSV is an abbreviation that should be capitalized in the description

- "Users of the command" most probably means "Users of this tool" I guess.

--
Best Regards,
Kilian