RFS: gmpc (adopted package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the package "gmpc", which is a GTK frontend to
the popular Music Player Daemon (mpd).

This is an adoption and the ITA bug is here[1]. I uploaded the new version on
mentors[2].

Here is the debian/changelog entry :

   * New maintainer (Closes: #615245)
   * Add a manpage for gmpc-remote-stream(1)
   * Split architecture-independent data into gmpc-data
   * Packaging changes:
       - Switch to 3.0 (quilt) source format
       - Add watchfile
       - Bum Standards-Version to 3.9.2 (no changes)
       - Remove build-dep on quilt
   * Build changes:
       - Explicitly add libraries to fix FTBFS with new toolchain
         (Closes: #554541, thanks to Mahyuddin Susanto)
       - Add -Wl,--as-needed to LDFLAGS
       - Code is now generated from vala at build time
   * debian/control:
       - Replace "Conflicts: gmpc-plugins" with "Breaks:"
       - Better short description for gmpc-dbg
       - Longer extended description for gmpc-dev
   * patches:
       - Fix several typos in log messages
       - Fix a wrong TH line in gmpc-remote(1)

I wanted to make the package as lintian clean as possible. When modifying the
original vala source code, I noticed that the C code was failing to regenerate.
I had to pick several patches upstream to fix this.

As a large portion of the package was architecture-independent, it has also been
split.

The others warnings were about duplicated/too short package
descriptions and a few typos. The only remaining warning is the
following one :

  I: gmpc-data: debian-news-entry-uses-asterisk

I am not sure how to tackle it as it refers to an old (2006) entry in
NEWS.Debian. The two options I see are :

  - edit the entry to remove asterisks
  - delete NEWS.Debian (it contains only this old entry)

I believe that the first one is better, but I can't find the relevant
information in policy nor devref.

As mentioned in the .dsc file, the packaging is available on git[3] if you want
to see more details.

[2] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gmpc/gmpc_0.20.0-2.dsc
[3] git://github.com/emillon/gmpc.git

--