Re: RFS: john (updated package)

Le Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 10:10:17PM -0500, Ruben Molina a écrit :
> El mar, 07-06-2011 a las 22:37 +0900, Charles Plessy escribió:
> > Le Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 08:24:30AM -0500, Ruben Molina a écrit :
> > >
> > as I sponsored you in the past I can have a look at your package, but why don't
> > you use the VCS where it was stored anymore ?  It would help to review your
> > changes.  Did the address change ?
> >

> Dear Charles,
> Thank you very much!
>
> As the package is no longer maintained by a team, I just stopped using
> the VCS some time ago.
>
> Of course, I will update it if this helps you to review the changes, but
> I'm having some issues to access via git+ssh just now. So, this can take
> a while.

Dear Ruben,

it is your choice to drop the VCS, but consider that later you may want
co-maintainers, so keeping come continuity there may help.  Also, having a
serie of thematic commits instead of a large debdiff helps to review the
package for upload.  By the way, why don't you try to become DM ?

About the update of john, I see that you drop a large number of patches, and it
is quite difficult for me to evaluate this.  In particular, what blocks me is
the removal of the patches that fixed FTBFS on mips.  Unfortunately, the only
porter box listed on db.debian.org, gabrielli, is unreachable as I write these
lines.  But still, using the buildds for testing builds is better to be avoided
since failures consume their admin's time.

Can you ask on the debian-mips mailing list if somebody can test the build of
your package that is on mentors.debian.org ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan