Re: RFS: oss-compat (adoption, updated package)

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 at 15:39:34 +0200, Bruno Kleinert wrote:
> It seems as if sbuild exchanges the Maintainer field in the binary
> package. If I schroot into my build environment and use
> dpkg-buildpackage instead of sbuild the Maintainer field in the
> resulting binary package remains unchanged.

When sbuild is behaving like a maintainer or sponsor (as opposed to behaving
like a buildd) make sure you leave $maintainer_name and $uploader_name unset,
assuming your sbuild is recent.

In older versions of sbuild, which insisted on having at least one of
$maintainer_name, $uploader_name or $key_id, it was necessary to
set $key_id, and also set $pgp_options so that $key_id wasn't used (assuming
you want to test the package before signing it): see
<http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/2008/sbuild-dm/>.

That page also indicates how to check the .changes file for a sponsored upload
to check that the right things happened.