Re: [imagemagick] Strange bug in one of my packages need help (maybe glibc bug?)

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:20:09PM +0200, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two strange bug in my package imagemagick. I am really clueless about these.upstream have no idea also. Any help welcome
> see #625250

% c++filt  _ZNSt14error_categoryD2Ev
std::error_category::~error_category()

% nm -D /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep _ZNSt14error_categoryD2Ev
0000003380272800 T _ZNSt14error_categoryD2Ev

% nm -C -D /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep error_category
0000003380272800 T std::error_category::~error_category()

This is on a sid system.

On squeeze:
$ nm -D /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep _ZNSt14error_categoryD2Ev
$ echo $?
1

If imagemagick was built against the current libstdc++ and run
using an older libstdc++ without the symbol, you will get this
error.

I don't see any direct libstdc++ dependency in either the
imagemagick package, or its library needed sections.  What's using
libdjvulibre?  Is it being dlopened.  If this is the case,
libdjvulibre is using an old version of libstdc++, and that's an
issue with its dependencies (and/or the libstdc++ symbol
versioning).

You'll need a full stack trace to work out what's using this
library if you haven't done so already.

> and #622591.

For the latter, rebuild libuuid1 with debugging symbols and get
a full stack trace.  Probably not a bug in libuuid: make sure that
the caller is passing a valid uuid_t.  Here's how I use it:

  uuid_t uuid;
  char uuid_str[37];
  uuid_generate(uuid);
  uuid_unparse(uuid, uuid_str);
  uuid_clear(uuid);

Note that uuid_t is not a pointer, it's a char array which decays
to a pointer:

typedef unsigned char uuid_t[16];

You can use gdb to check what its value is before the call to
uuid_generate and after the segfault.

Regards,
Roger

--