Re: Licensing question

Hi,
First,  thanks for your answer.

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 06:38:54PM -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:
> If you link against code which links against OpenSSL, IANAL, but I think
> you also need to have the exception in your own code.

So you mean add this exception in debian/copyright? according[1] point 28:

"In addition, as a special exception, the Free Software Foundation
gives permission to link the code of its release of Wget with the
OpenSSL project's "OpenSSL" library (or with modified versions of it
that use the same license as the "OpenSSL" library), and distribute
the linked executables.  You must obey the GNU General Public License
in all respects for all of the code used other than "OpenSSL".  If you
modify this file, you may extend this exception to your version of the
file, but you are not obligated to do so.  If you do not wish to do
so, delete this exception statement from your version"

[1] http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html

Best regards,

--
Elías