Re[2]: RFS: manaplus

Mon, 16 May 2011 10:52:04 +0800 письмо от Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:

> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:22 AM, andrei karas <akaras@inbox.ru> wrote:
>
> >   Section         : games
>
> You might want to join the Debian games team and help out with other games
> too:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Team
>
> Jump on our IRC channel and we will walk you through the process.
>
> We are also having another meeting soon, I would encourage you to come.
Ok, i will try search time to see it.

> > manaplus   - Extended client for The Mana World and similar servers
>
> We already have two versions of The Mana World in Debian (tmw and
> mana), is there any reason you couldn't just merge manaplus into one
> of them? CCing the maintainer of tmw and mana, perhaps he can shed
> some light onto the situation. I wonder why there needs to be two
> versions of the same game.

If i remember correctly will be one version. By request from upstram
tmw will be branded package for mana (desktop file, background etc)

Manaplus is fork of tmw/mana. Code is different, data files not very different,
but in manaplus more data.

Manaplus have many more features. Possible more faster and stable code.
Some or all this features impossible add to mana client by different reasons.
In tmw server manaplus used by most power players.

Also manaplus developed for support not released server, forked from server, what
used now in tmw.