Re: RFS: kildclient (updated packages, fixes FTBS)

On Sun, 8 May 2011, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "kildclient".

* Package name    : kildclient
 Version         : 2.11.0-1
 Upstream Author : me (Eduardo M Kalinowski)
* URL             : http://kildclient.sourceforge.net/
* License         : GPL-2+
 Section         : games

It builds these binary packages:
kildclient     - powerful MUD client with a built-in Perl interpreter
kildclient-doc - powerful MUD client with a built-in Perl interpreter
- - manual

The package is lintian clean, and builds in pbuilder.

This is an updated package, my usual sponsor (Christoph Haas) is busy
at the moment and cannot upload it. It includes a new upstream
version, DEP-5 copyright format, uses the new dpkg-source 3.0 (quilt
format) and fixes FTBS bug #555000.

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for working on this FTBFS bug.

I'm currently swamped. If you don't get a review or sponsor within the next day, what I suggest is that you:

* Prepare a tiny hot-fix with the old packaging, and ask Dominic Hargreaves to sponsor it as per the offer at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=555000 .

* In 1 week, resubmit this new packaging to this list.

I would love if someone else on the list were to review your package, either now, or at that point.

It looks (just by skimming this email) like you're doing really good work on this package, and we should work on getting you the "DMUA" status so you don't need a sponsor's feedback before you upload. Within 6 months, let's have you apply for Debian Developer status if you're still doing good work.

Sorry I can't be more useful right now. Let me know what you think of this plan.

--
-- Asheesh.

http://asheesh.org/