Re: RFS: rush (new package)

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 06:55:10PM +0200, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

Hi Mats,

> if a repackaging in order to circumvent GFDL-1.3 is not
> enough for you to proceed, then nothing will ever satisfy
> your desires. Still, I send a further reminder.

I just started to look at your package and I'm not sure if I'll work with
you towards an upload (I'm offline for the coming week anyway) but here are
a few questions and remarks.

* The homepage gives me a 404.

* Why do you choose to name the source package rush and the binary package
  gnurush? I somehow miss the point to divert here the source and binary
  package name.

* I think the DEP5 format specification you give recommends to use a svn
  revision as format specification. While I can only continue to say that
  I don't care about DEP5 at all, as long as it's not declared to be
  mandatory by ftp-master, I would appreciate it if those who use it could
  settle what they would like to use as the format specification.

* Some auto generated drepper magic with a copyright notice:
po/Makefile.in.in:# Copyright (C) 1995-1997, 2000-2007 by Ulrich Drepper <drepper@gnu.ai.mit.edu>

build-aux/* has some more to check (yes, PITA to check them all ...)

* While some might have already forgotten about the FHS, your recommended
  use of /opt is against the idea of /opt. Depending on the general setup,
  and the content I'd like to serve, I would use /srv or /var.

HTH
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.