Re: Fix FSF address in copyright notices?

Matt Kraai <kraai@ftbfs.org> writes:

> Some of the copyright notices in a package I'm trying to create refer
> to the old address of the FSF and lintian warns about it.  Should I
> fix this address?  If so, should I fix it in both the copyright file
> and the source code?  Or in only one place?

Yes, fix it in both places. Send a patch to upstream fixing it in their
code base; use that patch yourself in your Debian packaging while you
wait for them to act on it.

Thanks for attending to this detail.

--
 \        “The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more |
  `\         expected.” —Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Ed., 1972-06-12 |