Re: RFS: spey

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "spey".
>
> * Package name    : spey
>   Version         : 1.0.pre1-1
>   Upstream Author : David Given <dg@cowlark.com>; myself
> * URL             : http://spey.sf.net
> * License         : GPL v2
>   Section         : mail

[...]

I finally got around to review your package. I have two main issues that at
least need further discussion:

- You do have a proper copyright statement and a hint at the license, but as you
  are upstream: wouldn't it be nicer to use the standard license header
  recommended by GPL? The debian/copyright file definitively needs fixing, it
  still has some of the boilerplate text in it. Here I'd suggest using DEP-5
  format: http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
- The package fails to build from source, possibly due to libgcrypt updates:

/usr/bin/ld: .pm-cache/4-main_spey.o: undefined reference to symbol 'gcry_control@@GCRYPT_1.2'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'gcry_control@@GCRYPT_1.2' is defined in DSO /lib64/libgcrypt.so.11 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libgcrypt.so.11: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

  As I'm not into this pm build system you're pretty much on your own here.

Best regards,
Michael