debhelper 7 and architecture dependent/independent packages

Hi,

I have a package which builds one architecture dependent and one
architecture independent binary package and uses dephelper 7. Due to
the weird and kind of incomplete upstream build code, I had to
override the dh_autoinstall target with an override_dh_auto_install
target in my debian/rules.

However, when the buildd uses --binary-arch, my
override_dh_auto_install fails when it tries to install files into the
architecture-independent part of the package, probably due to the
directories listed in debian/indep-binary-package.dirs not having been
created since we are running with --binary-arch.

override_dh_auto_install_indep does not seem to be available.

How do I specify "install"-type operations that are only to take place
when building architecture (in)dependent packages? If I need to
specify my own install-indep and install-arch stanzas in my
debian/rules, is there a possibility to jump back into debhelper 7's
automatic behavior after doing my local things?

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190