Re: installing manpages from the debian/ directory

lördag den 26 februari 2011 klockan 15:35 skrev Lars Buitinck detta:
> 2011/2/26 Marco Cornolti <cornolti@cli.di.unipi.it>:
> >
> > then it will call dh_installman for you. Otherwise if you use a custom
> > rules file, you may need to explicitly call dh_installman.
>
> I'm using
>
> %:
> 	dh --sourcedir=dbxml $@
>
> Will dh_installman now look in the custom sourcedir for debian/manpages/*.1?
>
> > Anyway, in this cases you may find useful to see how others have solved
> > your problem. Try downloading a source package, most of them include a
> > man page, and see how they are installed:
>
> I tried looking at libdb4.8, since that is quite similar to my package
> (same upstream, some division into lib, dev, utils packages), but its
> rules file is apparently quite old and very complicated. It uses cp to
> install the manpages.

It is even easier than one might think:

      # debian/mypackage.manpages
      #
      debian/local/ourhelp/*

Using this stub, the helper "dh_installman" (invoked by "dh") will scan
the directory "debian/local/ourhelp/" and then include everything that
feels like a man page. Translations like "ditto.it.1", "ditto.de.1",
"ditto.en.1", and "ditto.1" will automatically be put into the subdirs
according to policy. I myself use this method to push manual pages that
are built from Docbook source. It works like a charm.

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson.