Re: rules makefile and packaging basics

Thanks for all you time helping to explain how this stuff works, I
really appreciate it, I find most of the documentation on this subject
pretty heavy reading and extremely difficult to learn from.

You'll be pleased to know I've started to use fakeroot instead of sudo
for the packaging

Cheers Etienne.